Category: SEO Bullsh*t
Over the past 5 years, I have worked for several Digital Media Companies claiming they do SEO Services, digital marketing services and so forth; and I have continually interviewed with companies looking for SEO Director jobs as well. What I have found being on the inside of these Digital Media Companies made me feel sick to my stomach and that my friends is why I call...SEO Bullsh*t.
The scary truth is that I started seeing and experiencing a common trend inside Marketing & SEO Agencies. And, it leads to the ultimate question...
SEO Bullsh*t: The Ugly Truth Exposed!
What I found was a general trend among most Digital Marketing Agencies and Companies that had cliental.
- Fancy Reports were Used to Trick the Clients!
- Sales Tactics were Used to Get Clients Focused on Inorganic Traffic
- Most Clients Felt Work was being Neglected!
- Clients Wanted Organic Results!!!
The Issues with Agencies
Let me put it this way! When most companies try to scale their business, try to scale their product or try to increase margin, it's usually the product that suffers. For example, when a company tries to scale a health product or try to increase margin, what happens? In the beginning, the company bought all high quality ingredients but in order to scale, this forced the company to buy all cheap ingredients. Now of course, the consumer has no idea but know they are buying a low quality health product. And this happens more often than you think!
This is the exact scenario happing within Marketing Agencies. Their prime source of income is clients. If the company want to make more profits...Well, they need more clients. In order to increase margin:
- Keep staff at a minimal. Most agencies have a very small staff per client ratio.
- Increase clients. This is the only way the company increase profits on the frontend.
- Time it takes to do the job. This is the do or die because if it takes too much time per client, the company cannot increase their client capacity. This is where all the shortcuts are made, work is neglected and many time, purposely not being done.