What SEO Means
Welcome to another episode of SEO B.S. Now, we are going to start a series in the next several weeks answering some questions around the topics of search engine optimization that way we clear some confusion in the online world. And, of course, this leads us to our main question of the day is “What SEO Means?”
What Does SEO Mean by Popular Definition
First let’s visit some common definitions, shall we.
- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results (by google.com).
- SEO is the art and science of persuading search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo, to recommend your content to their users as the best solution to their problem (by SemRush).
- Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your online content so that a search engine likes to show it as a top result for searches of a certain keyword. When it comes to SEO, there’s you, the search engine, and the searcher.
- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results (by Moz.com).
Conquering SEO’s Definition
Now, we can go on and on about different fancy definitions but let’s keep is simple. Simplicity is the key for success.
Search Engine Optimization is how EASILY it is to find your business or brand Organically Online without paid ads. – Conquering SEO
Let’s Dig a little deeper with the word “Organic”
The word organic is used to delineate between non-paid methods of SEO and PPC (pay per click), the paid methods of SEO.
Now, search engine optimization means “when a person searches for specific item on the search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, ect.), those results come up easily and most of the time on the first page.
Further, lets connect the two for easy understanding.
- SEO for example is when a person searches for specific item on the search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, ect.) those results come up easily and most of the time on the first page. FYI – most people and businesses want 1st page results.
- Lets combine this with Organic SEO, which means “No paid ads!” In other words, people are finding your business or products simply by searching on the Search Engines.
Below are some added Tips:
Here are some tips to pay attention to especially if you hired a marketing agency or SEO company.
Now, not all agencies will do this but a lot do…
- The most important is to pay close attention to your SEO Package that you purchased. Because most of the time, agencies will blend Organic SEO Services and paid media (inorganic) together. From experience, they will spend more time on PPC and paid media because it’s easily to generate reports and makes it appear like a lot of work being accomplished.
- Take a look at the picture below of an example SEO Package.